By Karey Wutkowski NEW YORK, March 19 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co is aiming to grow its share of the U.S. taxi market with a van billed as a contender to be New York City's cab of the future. Ford launched the high-riding Transit Connect Taxi concept vehicle, a fuel-efficient yellow and gray van topped by a glowing orb to show when it's free for fares, on Wednesday at the New York auto show. "It's a new take on how cities can ferry people around the urban landscape," said Mark Fields, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford aims to move taxi concept to New York streets" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.