By Deepa Seetharaman CHONGQING, China Aug 27 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co will begin making its 2.0-liter EcoBoost turbocharged engine in Chongqing, its manufacturing hub in southwest China, next year, with the second-largest U.S. car maker hoping to catch up with rivals in the world's biggest auto market. Ford made the announcement at an event in Chongqing on Monday, when its top brass, including Chief Executive Alan Mulally, attended the groundbreaking of a third ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford breaks ground on China plant key to growth plans" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.