NEW YORK, May 30 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co will announce later on Friday that it will build its new global car, the Fiesta, in Mexico for future sale in the United States market, the Wall Street Journal said. The newspaper cited a person familiar with the plan. But Ford officials declined to comment except to say the company planned to bring the Fiesta to North America in 2010. It has not said where it will build the U.S. version of the car. The Journal said it was not immediately clear ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford to build U.S. Fiesta world car in Mexico - WSJ" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.