By Poornima Gupta DETROIT, Jan 26 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co. is in a race against the clock with Wall Street measuring its progress over the next two years by the cash remaining on its balance sheet. Ford on Thursday posted a record $12.7 billion loss for 2006 and provided the first indication of its cash burn since mortgaging assets to fund job cuts and plant closings at a time when sales of its key high-margin trucks are under pressure. Ford said it burned through $20 million a day ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford cash in focus as clock ticks on turnaround" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.