June 27 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co said on Wednesday it will close its assembly plant in the Philippines later this year as part of a restructuring in the region. The decision to close the plant in Santa Rosa when production of the Escape sport utility vehicle ends was made as part of Ford's effort to cut costs, the company said. The Philippines market will be served by imports from other plants around the world, mostly from Thailand. "The company studied every possible scenario and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford to close Philippines assembly plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.