FRANKFURT, Sept 29 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co.'s German unit plans to cut a further 1,700 jobs by the end of this year, a German newspaper reported on Monday. The workforce will be reduced through a retirement and redundancy programme that will principally hit Ford-Werke AG's Cologne operations, according to an article due to appear in Tuesday's edition of the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung newspaper. Nobody at the German offices of the U.S. carmaker was immediately available to comment ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford to cut 1,700 German jobs - paper" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.