SYDNEY, Feb 6 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co said on Thursday it would cut production in Australia by one third with about 300 jobs to go in June, spurring worries the carmaker may exit the country sooner than its planned 2016 deadline. Last year, Ford announced plans to shut its two Australian plants in October 2016, blaming a strong currency and high costs that are hitting manufacturers. The country's auto industry was hit by another blow in December when General Motors Co said it too would ...
To access this content simply register below now.
Registering is easy and allows you to:
- Access all WardsAuto.com public content and newswire stories
- Participate in forums
- Comment on articles
- Sign up for e-newsletters
And much more!