* 500 people losing jobs at Ford engine plant * 100 will work at nearby Essex engine plant * GM closed Windsor plant on Wednesday TORONTO, July 29 (Reuters) - About 400 workers at Ford Motor Co's Windsor, Ontario engine plant will lose their jobs as Ford completes a planned move to a single shift, the company said on Thursday, a day after General Motors Co [GM.UL] shuttered its transmission plant in the city. Ford said in January that it planned to cut a shift at the engine plant in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford cuts 400 jobs from Windsor, Ont. operations" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.