By John Bowker LONDON, Sept 30 (Reuters) - Vehicle manufacturer Ford is to cut production at its only British plant as well as other factories on mainland Europe as it battles against falling sales, the U.S. company said on Tuesday. Confirming a company statement a group spokesman said the firm would be asking staff at its Ford transit van plant in Southampton to work a four day week until the end of the year, reducing full year production from 74,000 vehicles last year to below 70,000. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford cuts back Europe production as downturn bites" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.