DETROIT, Sept 22 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co. has delayed the debut of its gasoline-electric hybrid sport utility vehicle by several months, saying on Monday it wants more time for testing. Ford is the second Detroit automaker to delay plans for a high-mileage, high-technology hybrid truck. DaimlerChrysler said last year it was canceling plans for a hybrid version of its Dodge Durango SUV. Ford's Escape and hybrid pickups from DaimlerChrysler AG's Chrysler unit and General Motors Corp. are ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford delays debut of gasoline/electric Escape SUV" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.