* To offer Ford SYNC AppLink as new vehicles launch * Working with Nuance to improve voice recognition * Consumer Reports: working on ease of use an advantage By Bernie Woodall DEARBORN, Mich., June 22 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co will expand the use of its on-board smartphone applications for the 2012 model year, the automaker said at a safety and technology show for reporters. The Ford Sync communications and entertainment system will be able to connect with smartphones on models ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford to expand in-vehicle smartphone connectivity" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.