NEW YORK, Dec 21 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co. expects Japan's Toyota Motor Corp. to unseat it next year as the second biggest company behind General Motors Corp. in the American car market, a position Ford has held since the 1920s, the New York Times said on its Web site on Thursday. Citing internal Ford projections, the paper says the projections show that company officers believe Ford will permanently fall to third place as soon as January. Ford, which is struggling to restructure itself ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford expects Toyota to overtake it in US - NYT" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642