BANGKOK, June 24 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co plans to invest $450 million to build a new manufacturing plant in Thailand, with the bulk of the output destined for export markets as part of its expansion in Asia Pacific. The new plant in the eastern province of Rayong will build Ford Focus passenger cars from 2012 but will have the flexibility to produce a diversified range of vehicles in the future, Ford said in a statement on Thursday. "This investment underscores our long term commitment ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Motor to invest $450 mln in new Thai plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.