DETROIT, July 31 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co.'s massive Excursion sport utility vehicle, known as the largest and most gas-thirsty SUV on the market, may soon be heading for extinction. Company spokesmen declined to comment on Wednesday on reports that the world's No. 2 automaker was pulling the plug on the Excursion, which won the immediate scorn of environmental groups when it made its debut in 1999. But a source with knowledge of the situation said Ford was likely to stop producing the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford mulls pulling plug on massive Excursion SUV" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.