* Ford centralizes EV, hybrid development in Michigan * Fuel economy at the heart of vehicle strategy-exec * Engineers look to shorten payback time of plug-ins By Deepa Seetharaman DETROIT, March 28 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co is devoting one of its largest research laboratories to the development of hybrid, plug-in hybrid and electric vehicles as part of a focus on fuel-efficiency that has been a centerpiece of its revival since late 2006. This year, the No. 2 U.S. automaker will offer nine ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford pools EV, hybrid research as fuel prices jump" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642