DETROIT, April 26 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co. on Thursday posted a narrower first-quarter loss as cost-cutting and improved results from its European and luxury vehicle operations partially offset weaker sales and charges for restructuring. Ford, which is in the midst of a turnaround plan that includes closing 16 plants and cutting up to 45,000 jobs in North America, posted a net loss of $282 million, or 15 cents per share, compared with a loss of $1.4 billion, or 76 cents a share, a year ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford posts narrower 1st-qtr loss on cost-cutting" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.