DETROIT, Jan 20 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co. on Thursday reported a quarterly profit, reversing a year-earlier loss, on the strength in its finance arm. The No. 2 U.S. automaker said fourth-quarter net income was $104 million, or 6 cents a share, compared with a year-earlier loss of $793 million, or 43 cents a share. Excluding one-time charges, Ford earned 28 cents a share. Wall Street analysts' average forecast was 27 cents, according to Reuters Estimates.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford posts quarterly profit vs. year-earlier loss" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.