NEW DELHI, Sept 23 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co will launch production of its Figo small car in India in early 2010, it said in a statement on Wednesday. The car was showcased at a news conference in the Indian capital. Ford has invested $500 million at a plant in southern Indian city of Chennai and has said the plant was gearing up for production of a small car. India's domestic auto market is relatively small, especially considering a population of more than 1.1 billion, with about 1.5 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford to produce India small car from early 2010" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642