By Poornima Gupta DETROIT, Jan 20 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co. , which is gearing up to unveil its turnaround plan on Monday, is likely to announce a new direction for its sluggish minivan line-up, a person familiar with the automaker's product plan said on Friday. The No. 2 U.S. automaker will move away from the traditional minivan look, characterized by sliding doors and a truck platform, and pursue a design similar to the Fairlane concept wagon that it revealed at the Detroit auto show ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford to pursue new look for minivans-source" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.