By David Bailey DETROIT, May 29 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co is preparing to fire U.S. salaried employees over the next two months due to the sudden downturn in auto sales, a drastic step it has so far avoided during its 2-1/2-year restructuring. Ford, which warned last week that it would not meet a long-standing goal of returning to profitability in 2009, has not yet decided how many jobs it will cut from its 24,300 U.S. white collar workers, a spokeswoman said on Thursday. The speed of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford readies white-collar layoffs as sales tumble" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.