July 26 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co is recalling 484,600 older model Ford Escape SUVs, most of them in the United States, for a problem in which the throttle can be stuck open, U.S. safety regulators said. Ford Escapes from the 2001-2004 model years with 3-liter, V6 engines are affected by the recall. There are about 424,000 of the affected vehicles in the United States, 35,000 in Canada, 10,000 in Mexico, 4,500 in Europe and 4,300 in other regions, Ford said. In ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford recalls 484,600 Escape SUVs for throttle problem" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642