WASHINGTON, Jan 23 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co. said on Tuesday it would deliver a demonstration fleet of 20 ethanol-fueled hybrid vehicles to six U.S. states this spring. The Ford Escape Hybrid E85 is capable of operating on blends of fuel containing as much as 85 percent ethanol, the company said in a statement released at the Washington Auto Show. Ethanol is distilled from corn or other plant material and blended with gasoline for motor fuel.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford rolls out ethanol-fueled hybrid demo fleet" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.