* Global Focus allows more coordination with suppliers * Ford to build 2 mln cars off compact platform * Part of streamlined production in "One Ford" plan DETROIT, Feb 25 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co is reshaping its relationship with suppliers, allowing more coordination from design to production, as it focuses on global platforms and shared parts, a top Ford executive said this week. The launch of the Ford Focus compact car on a shared platform, or underpinning, around the world ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford says Focus model reshapes supplier relations" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.