NEW YORK, Oct 26 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co., rattled by rival Toyota Motor Corp.'s moves to squeeze the supply of hybrid engine components, is moving to develop its own hybrid expertise, the Wall Street Journal reported on Wednesday. The automaker also wants to cultivate ties with suppliers to ensure a more reliable supply of these components, the paper said. Ford , the first Detroit-based automaker to bring to market a full-fledged hybrid, is also considering selling a Ford- designed ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford seeks to develop own hybrid expertise-WSJ" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.