BANGALORE, Aug 25 (Reuters) - The Indian unit of Ford Motor Co. said on Wednesday it expected domestic sales to jump about 50 percent this year as it launched a new model that blends a sedan with a sports utility vehicle (SUV) for a growing lifestyle market. David Friedman, managing director of Ford India Pvt Ltd, told a news conference the company expected to sell 27,000 Ikon sedans in India in 2004, up from 18,500 in the previous year. "We have seen that the market is quite healthy and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford sees 50 pct jump in India sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.