DEARBORN, Mich., Aug 28 (Reuters) - Steve Lyons, the head of Ford Motor Co.'s Ford division, said on Thursday that U.S. new car and light truck sales could hit an annual rate of 18.2 million to 18.7 million in August, making it the strongest month of the year. High incentives and signs that the U.S. economy is strengthening helped boost industry-wide vehicle sales in August, Lyons told reporters at a briefing on new advertising for the Ford F-150 pickup truck. Automakers are scheduled to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford sees Aug US auto sales rate at 18.2-18.7 mln" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.