SHANGHAI, July 28 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co. said on Wednesday it had sold 34,000 cars from its joint venture in China so far this year, double its nationwide sales for all of 2003, and putting it on track to hit a target of 65,000 units in 2004. Ford said in a statement it had sold 20,000 Mondeos and 14,000 Fiestas as of July 28, compared with 17,000 cars sold in 2003 when the Detroit company's local plant began operations. Still, even if Ford does achieve its target, it remains a bit ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford sells 34,000 cars in China by end-July" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.