NEW YORK, Jan 29 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co plans to launch its European commercial van Transit Connect in the United States, the Wall Street Journal reported on its Web site on Tuesday. Ford, which plans to announce the move at the Chicago Auto Show, will aim for volumes of about 20,000 vans toward the end of 2009, the paper said, citing unnamed sources. A Ford representative could not be reached immediately for comment. (Editing by David Gregorio)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford sets US launch of European commercial van-WSJ" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.