July 31 (Reuters) - Eyeing a better price, U.S. auto maker Ford Motor Co is slowing down the bidding process for its Volvo car unit, the Wall Street Journal said, citing a person close to the company. Ford will wait for General Motors [GM.UL] to sell Opel and is looking at inviting the losing bidder to bid for Sweden-based Volvo, the person told the paper. "Expect nothing to happen for another three to four weeks" with Ford waiting for GM to finalize an Opel buyer, the person was quoted ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford slows down Volvo bidding process- WSJ" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.