SHANGHAI, Aug 22 (Reuters) - Changan Auto Co. Ltd., China's fourth-largest vehicle maker, reported a 48 percent jump in net profit in the first half on Tuesday, helped by brisk sales at its venture with Ford Motor Co. . The auto maker, based in the southwestern city of Chongqing, sold 287,514 vehicles in the period, up 15.76 percent from a year earlier. Sales at the Ford venture, which contributed about half of the total, surged 163 percent. Net profit came to 435.3 million yuan ($54.65 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford venture boosts China's Changan Auto H1 net" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.