By Scott Anderson TORONTO, Jan 23 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co.'s plan to slash up to 20 percent of its work force in Canada is a "devastating" blow, Buzz Hargrove, president of the Canadian Auto Workers union, said on Monday. "It's a huge hit for our members," Hargrove told a news conference. Ford, North America's second-largest automaker, said on Monday it will cut 25,000 to 30,000 jobs and close 14 plants in North America by 2012. The cuts involve the loss of one shift and 1,200 jobs ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford's 1,200 job cuts in Canada said 'devastating'" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.