BRUSSELS, Sept 30 (Reuters) - The European Union's French presidency proposed on Tuesday watering down plans to curb greenhouse gas emissions from cars by phasing in limits up to 2015, with lower fines for narrowly missing the target. The EU's executive Commission has proposed cutting CO2 from cars by 18 percent to 130 grams per km by 2012, as part of an ambitious plan to lead the world in fighting climate change, with stiff fines for non-compliance. A further 10 g would have to be ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"France proposes phasing in CO2 curbs for cars" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.