PARIS, Feb 28 (Reuters) - French holding company Eurazeo said on Tuesday it was in exclusive talks to buy the Europcar car rental unit from German carmaker Volkswagen . "Eurazeo is entering a period of exclusive negotiations with Volkswagen AG with the intention of buying 100 percent of Europcar," Eurazeo said in a statement. It gave no further details of the proposed acquisition. Sources said earlier this month that the car maker had received least four bids for its Europcar unit.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"France's Eurazeo in talks to buy Europcar from VW" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.