PARIS, Oct 25 (Reuters) - French President Nicolas Sarkozy on Thursday urged the European Commission to consider taxing prouducts from countries that do not respect the Kyoto protocol on global warming and pledged a tax on trucks crossing France. "We have to study the possibility of taxing products from countries that do not respect the Kyoto protocol," Sarkozy said in a speech closing a special congress on environemental policy. "I propose that trucks which cross France and use our ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"France's Sarkozy seeks EU carbon tax, truck tax" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642