NEW YORK, Dec 31 (Reuters) - Software company FreeMarkets Inc. on Wednesday said it agreed to buy certain assets of Covisint, the struggling online auto services company formed by DaimlerChrysler AG , General Motors Corp. , and Ford Motor Co. . FreeMarkets, based in Pittsburgh, will provide technology and services to the auto industry under the deal, which is due to close in early January. Terms were not disclosed. Covisint was formed by the Big Three U.S. automakers in February 2000, at ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"FreeMarkets to buy auto industry's Covisint" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.