ALGIERS, Dec 20 (Reuters) - President Francois Hollande acknowledged France's colonisation of Algeria had been "brutal and unfair" but stopped short on Thursday of an apology to the oil-rich North African state which Paris sees as a major trading partner. "For 132 years, Algeria was subjected to a brutal and unfair system: colonisation. I acknowledge the suffering it caused," Hollande told the Algerian parliament on the second day of a visit aimed at boosting diplomatic and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"French colonisation of Algeria "brutal" - Hollande" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.