BRUSSELS, June 25 (Reuters) - The European Commission approved the first pay-outs on Monday from a new EU fund to help workers hit by the impact of globalisation, with French workers in the car sector set to be the beneficiaries. EU Employment Commissioner Vladimir Spidla said he had approved applications for cash to help some 1,000 workers laid off at subcontractors of French car manufacturers PSA Peugeot Citroen and Renault , with grants of 2.6 million euros ($3.5 million) and 1.3 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"French workers to get first globalisation funds" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.