TOKYO, Oct 31 (Reuters) - Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd , the maker of Subaru cars, will continue to develop and sell 660cc minivehicles in Japan, its chief executive said on Wednesday, shooting down media reports that it could abandon their development. "We can't give up the segment," Chief Executive and President Ikuo Mori told reporters, adding that the automaker would continue to develop the cars, which are sold only in Japan.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fuji Heavy CEO: won't abandon minivehicle segment" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642