FRANKFURT, Sept 29 (Reuters) - Volkswagen's weighting in Germany's blue-chip DAX index is set to fall due to Porsche's acquisition of a stake in the company, but analysts say the longer term impact on the shares will be positive. A reduced weighting in the DAX will prompt many tracker funds to sell the VW stock and adjust their portfolios to match the new weighting. But the expected selling pressure would be outweighed by a closer cooperation between the two German carmakers which will ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Gains from Porsche to offset VW's weighting loss" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642