HONG KONG, Dec 30 (Reuters) - Geely Automobile Holdings Ltd. said on Thursday that a new engine plant belonging to an affiliate began mass production this week. The first-phase investment in the plant, Shanghai Maple Guorun Automobile Co. Ltd., which is 46.8 percent owned by Geely, totalled 128 million yuan ($15.5 million), Geely said in a statement. The facility has annual production capacity of 50,000 units. Geely said the new plant would focus mainly on high-end and larger engines, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Geely affiliated engine plant starts production" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.