STOCKHOLM, March 28 (Reuters) - Zhejiang Geely Holding Group, China's largest private-run car maker, has agreed to acquire Ford Motor's Volvo car unit, a Volvo spokesman said on Sunday. The deal, which both sides aim to close in the coming months, will free up cash for the number two U.S. automaker and enable it to focus on its core Ford brand. Geely, parent of Geely Automobile Holdings , was named by Ford as the preferred bidder for its Swedish unit in October 2009. The Volvo takeover ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Geely signs deal to acquire Ford's Volvo car unit" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642