ZURICH, Jan 20 (Reuters) - Georg Fischer AG has sold a foundry in Britain to privately-held British company Meade Corp Ltd rather than shut down the plant in Lincoln as first planned, the Swiss manufacturing group said on Tuesday. It gave no price for George Fischer (Lincoln) Ltd, which will continue to operate with around half the staff of 400. The foundry has production capacity of around 80,000 tonnes a year and makes iron casting components for the car, tractor and construction ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Georg Fischer sells UK foundry to Meade Corp" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.