BERLIN, May 22 (Reuters) - German Chancellor Angela Merkel's cabinet will next week approve a revised law to shield carmaker Volkswagen AG from takeover, newspaper Bild reported on Thursday. Germany was forced to draw up a new law after the European Union's top court ruled last year that the existing one was illegal because it hindered the free flow of capital. The existing law stopped rival carmaker Porsche from taking control of VW because it effectively gives the German state of Lower ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"German cabinet to back new VW law next week-paper" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.