BERLIN, Oct 29 (Reuters) - Germany's economy minister distanced himself on Thursday from comments by a party colleague who had said the new government in Berlin would review the previously agreed sale of General Motors [GM.UL] unit Opel to Canada's Magna . Dirk Pfeil, a Free Democrat (FDP) and member of the trust overseeing Opel, told a German newspaper this week Berlin's new centre-right coalition planned to review the Opel sale plan and that the carmaker could end up staying part of U.S. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"German EconMin plays down review of Opel deal" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.