BERLIN, July 27 (Reuters) - Radical enviromentalists in Germany have declared war on sport utility vehicles and luxury cars, deflating the tyres of more than 80 fuel-guzzlers in less than a week, a Berlin police spokesman said on Friday. In night-time raids the environmentalists targeted 4x4 SUVs and large luxury vehicles across Berlin, leaving hand-written notes for their owners which pointed to the link between carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions and global warming. Although there were ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"German environmentalists wage war on gas-guzzlers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.