BERLIN, March 23 (Reuters) - German engineering and metals employers will not agree to a wage increase this year of more than 3 percent for 3.4 million workers in the sector, the head of their lobby was quoted as saying on Friday. Ahead of a second round of talks between employers' group Gesamtmetall and union IG Metall on Tuesday, Gesamtmetall President Martin Kannegiesser told the Sueddeutsche Zeitung this year's pay hike could not exceed last year's 3 percent raise. "A wage increase ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"German metals employers say wage hike limit is 3 pct" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.