BRUSSELS, Oct 31 (Reuters) - German automotive components company ZF Friedrichshafen AG received permission from EU competition authorities on Friday to buy Cherry Corp, a U.S. maker of electronic components for the automotive industry. The EU executive said in a statement that ZF and Cherry "are only marginally active in the same markets" and concluded that that "the merged entity would not be able to affect competition on the market". (Writing by Darren Ennis, editing by Huw Jones)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"German's ZF gets EU clearance to buy Cherry" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.