FRANKFURT, June 30 (Reuters) - Germany's Continental AG will stop making tyres at its Mayfield, Kentucky, plant by the end of this year to cut losses at its U.S. operations, the tyre maker said late on Tuesday. The shutdown will affect about 827 jobs. It follows April's news of an output cut at the factory that is due to become effective in July and involved 200 job cuts. Mixing and some warehousing operations will continue in Mayfield, Continental said in Tuesday's statement. "We have ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Germany's Continental to end Mayfield tyre making" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642