(Updates with U.S. market activity, changes dateline, previous LONDON) NEW YORK, July 31 (Reuters) - Stocks rallied around the world on Tuesday as volatile credit markets stabilized and Wall Street took heart from brisk corporate earnings growth. Earnings from General Motors Corp. sharply exceeded Wall Street's estimates, driving its stock up nearly 3 percent and lifting the Dow industrials as it increased investor optimism about U.S. corporate profits. The broad market also was ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GLOBAL MARKETS-Stocks rally worldwide as credit markets calm" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.