By Tom Brown FAYENCE, France, Sept 21 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp will have a detailed plan to address excess capacity in Europe within two months as it prepares to step up restructuring efforts in the region, a senior company official said on Tuesday. The money-losing region, where Fritz Henderson took over as chairman in June after heading GM Asia-Pacific, has been under an almost constant state of restructuring since 1998. "We need to get this thing nailed down here in the next ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM aims full plan to tackle excess Europe capacity" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.